Looking after the park
Elephant Park is here for everyone to enjoy. Please keep it safe for children and respect the wildlife by not causing damage to trees, plants or animals and their habitats. You can help look after the park by following these simple guidelines:
- Dogs are welcome, provided they are well-behaved and kept under control. Please clean up after them. Bins are provided. There may be areas designated as dog-free zones – please respect these.
- Bike stands are provided. Please do not ride your bike in the park.
- Barbeques or fires are not permitted.
- You are welcome to picnic in the park but please restrict your group size to 20 people and carefully dispose of all litter, leaving the area tidy
- We have no objection to alcoholic drinks, but they must be for personal consumption, in moderation as part of a picnic and only be made available to persons over the age of 18. Broken glass is a hazard to other visitors and wildlife and is very difficult to remove from parkland. For this reason, please only use plastic cups and bottles.
- Do not fix anything to the trees or drive anything into the ground. The only tents, marquees or other structures permitted are those as part of an official event.
- Fireworks are not permitted.
- Drones are not permitted.
- Please do not bring balloons into the park – when they are released they get caught in the trees and are hard to remove. They can also be a hazard to wildlife in the park.
- We all like music but please be considerate to other park users and keep the volume reasonable. If you are asked to turn off your music by a member of the estates team, please do so.
- Playing ball games – ball games are only permitted in certain areas of the park. These areas will be clearly marked.
If you wish to organise an event, undertake filming or have any other queries or comments, please use the contact form below.
- In an emergency, please contact the emergency services on 999. You should state your location as Elephant Park, Elephant Road